Thursday, June 5, 2014

May...birthday month to birthday par-tay!!

So I have always loved going over the top for me on my birthday(especially since I became a mom), which then turned into birthday week and then birthday month...to be honest I totally deserve it!!!!  And I don't feel bad admitting that...as a "super" mom and wifey it is SUPER fun to just celebrate ME!!!

However this year I started thinking my girlies and hubby are just as SUPER as me so I decided to start birthday month for them as well!!!  Plus they are more into my birthday month...knowing they will receive the same royal treatment during their month!!  And honestly it is so much fun making others feel so special!!!
So first up...MAY...Ava and Kaylinn...who happen to share a birthday...most of you know that but just a fun little fact to throw out there. I mean how many people share a birthday with a sibling?!?!?! (crazy enough my dad's sister do...is that something that runs in the family???)

My plan is to do a small gift each week...since we all have birthdays at the end of our birthday month this works out really well...birthdays that never end!!!  For Ava and Kaylinn I did weekly gifts of sunglasses, socks & sandals(slides is their real name???, so much lingo you have to learn as a parent to stay "cool"), books and swimsuit & towel(in their fav color).  As the girls get older I really try to get gifts that fit their personalities...not what I would want...which is hard...however when it really fits them it is so wonderful to feel that you "nailed" it when you see that look of pure JOY and appreciation on their faces!!!

Sunglasses...week one...little upset I didn't take pics of ALL weekly gifts...I guess I can't do it all...LOL!!!

And we topped it off with a birthday party on the last day of May...we invited some neighbor friends and I truly believe fun was had by all!!!  I honestly didn't even realize that we had 12(I think I counted right??) kiddos here that we were entertaining.  What I was most amazed by is the thoughtfulness that went into the gifts for the girls...so incredibly thankful to have landed in the neighborhood we have...the girls got things that just screamed who they are!!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Ava's ballet shoe cake...BEFORE & AFTER...I let them chose what they want every year!!  And then somehow make it happen.
Kaylinn's cake...OLAF...BEFORE & AFTER
Cake's complete and ready to eat!!
Presents!!!
Cake & ice cream...yes PLEASE!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment