Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Gymnastics Season!! Winter Classic - Park City, UT

Yay!! One of my favorite things to do as a mom is watch my children compete...after all the hard work, dedication and hours of practice I love to see those huge smiles at the end of a routine/dance that just say...I did it and I am proud of myself!!  So hear we are at the start of Bailey's 2014 competitive season...and wow did she impress.  I really can't tell her enough how proud I am of her!

She competed in the first session Friday morning (check-in 7:30 am & warm-ups 8 am) in Park City...so the Dawes clan was up bright and early and on the road by 6:30 am.  (Brandon and I are doing a 28 day cleanse right now...so I had to have all our "safe" snacks/drinks ready to go the night before. #dedicated) 

Lets Get Ready to Rumble...

Warm-ups...just chillaxin'




Olympus Gymnastics Level 5 Team




Bailey's.Biggest.Fans...just taking a little vault video


 Once in Park City it was the Bailey show...and WOW was she spectacular!!! I tell you what for a little squirt she sure packs a lot of power, yet is so graceful and clean in her movements.  I have to admit I was a ball of nerves (Bailey seemed un-phased...just another day in her gymnast life) and I didn't really relax until her final event was complete...luckily I have social media to distract me and I can get lots of pics and videos sent to family...thank heavens for technology(I usually don't eat until competition is over...but with our cleanse I was forced to eat every couple hours...kept me alert and not so shaky...ha!!!).  Bailey had a great meet and her team took first place for Level 5's...I would have to say Winter Classic was a great start for the Olympus girls...and I can't wait to cheer them all on in 2 weeks at our host meet Crystal Cup. 

 Vault - 8.7 - 4th place

 Bars - 9.15 - 1st place(I think they call that a gold in the Olympics...proud momma!!)

 Beam - 8.925 - 5th place

 Floor - 9.05 - 2nd place(Silver)

 All Around - 35.825 - 3rd place(Bronze)

 Olympus Gymnastics - Level 5 Team - 1st place (they brought home the GOLD!!!)

 Gym pals...Ellie & Madi



The Winter Classic was a great start to her season...I can't wait to see where this year takes her!!  She is definitely making life long memories and learning so much along the way. (As is this gym mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment