Saturday, March 1, 2014

Run #20 (78 total miles)...challenging yet dominated

Wow!!!  I can't believe it...so far I haven't missed a scheduled training run...and guess what?!?!?  It is paying off...#duh!!  Again couldn't be done without that little nagging voice that I announced it to the FB world...NO MATTER WHAT I will run ALL training runs!!!  Thanks to Fellow Flowers for that great idea #DeclareItDay...gives me just enough accountability to push through the "I'll do it tomorrow" days!!  Plus the results I am seeing don't hurt either.(my slowest miles used to be some of my fastest...even during today's mentally challenging run)


I have to admit today's 8 miles were a total mind game...and it was called WIND(at first)...and it was legit wind good ole' South Dakota wind...for the first four miles!!!  When I came off of the trail I was so excited to change direction and say good bye to the wind and what did I see in front of me...a nice steady 1/2 mile INCLINE(second mind game)...WHAT?!?!?!?  Oh and I could still feel the WIND(icing on the cake)...a nice steady cross wind...but when I turned...it all fell into place...no joke...the sun came out, my route flattened out and I could feel the wind pushing at my back.  That is just what I needed to DOMINATE the second half of my run.  I am not sure I would have made it had that not happened...just another reminder I am NEVER alone!!  And to be honest in order to meet my ROCKSTAR goal(1:45:00 1/2 marathon finish time)...this girl is gonna have to struggle and meet challenges head on.  It was one of those days where you tell yourself "I hate it...but I LOVE IT"

Never felt so good to lose the runner's garb!! #homesweethome
My fastest split...bringing it home on mile 8 & my total stats. #gettinfaster







1 comment: