Tuesday, April 29, 2014

SLC Half Marathon & Easter in St. George

I can't believe it has taken me this long to sit down and write about my half marathon I just ran in!!!(2 weeks ago now)  This was a BIG goal of mine in 2014...to get back into running, do it consistently and be at my best!!  Now time to support the hubby as he embarks on his first Ragnar...can't wait to cheer him on!!
I had set 2 goals back in February...on #DeclareItDay with the Fellow Flowers
#1 was to run all my training runs no matter what
AND
#2 was to run my best time at a 1:45:00

I am happy to report that out of all my training runs I only missed two 3 mile runs and they were closer to race day due to a pesky, painful IT band...and although I didn't hit my time goal I ran my BEST.TIME.EVER 1:56:23...so I am super pumped about that!!!  Honestly reflecting on the prep to race day...I must admit I deserve the pat on the back I gave myself. :)  I trained in rain, wind, cold, heat...no matter what I went out and ran what was on the training schedule and because of that on race day my body was ready to go for it.  The best thing about race day was running with a great running partner and having the hubby and our 3 girls at the finish line!!!  I am VERY happy to report that I got my first workout in today...had to take some time off due to that pesky IT band I mentioned earlier...why I am so happy??  Usually after race day I take a year off...or more...not this time...consistency...I am sticking to it!!


And in true Dawes fashion that wasn't the end of our day...we headed home...I was able to ice bath, shower and eat...then we headed south, to St. George, UT, to visit Brandon's sister.  I must admit my exhausted mind and body handled the 4 hour drive better than I expected. HA!!  We got there in time for dinner and some social time...the kiddos got some swimming in and quality cousin time.  Loved watching them all play catch and hit the ball with each other.  On Easter we of course planned some fun...dyed eggs, Easter egg hunt, Easter baskets...the fun just never stopped!!!  Then back in the car and back home to reality...I have to admit I wasn't ready for spring break to end...this is a good sign and means I am officially ready for SUMMER!!!  We have a fun one planned and can't wait to get it started!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment