Friday, March 7, 2014

#SheSharesTruth ~ Psalm 130

what?!?!? two link ups in two days...I am on a roll!!!  Have to admit I was a little nervous about this one...mainly because I know my beliefs...but not sure I can put it into words and share with the "world"...but I challenged myself this year to "dig" in physically and mentally...and I feel that by joining in with this amazing community #SheReadsTruth I will do just that!!!
The goal is to write a "devotional" from a chosen weekly text and then link up with #SheReadsTruth and learn from each other...AH-MAZING!! Once I am done typing and posting mine I can't wait to go see what other women got from this text!!
So here it goes...
The text to me when broken down to its bare bones says this...cry out...wait...hope & most certainly you will receive!!!  When you put your hope in the savior you are guaranteed forgiveness, unfailing love and FULL redemption.  I couldn't help but replace my name with Israel in vs. 7 & 8...
(Jenn), put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him if full redemption.  He himself will redeem (Jenn/me) from all (her/my) sins.
Now that frees my spirit!!!  I can't wait to dig in more!!!
And then the most amazing thing happened as I was reading this...I thought of my favorite verse...
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure...Hebrews 6:19
This was so amazing because it says the same thing put your hope in the Lord and you will receive forgiveness, unfailing love and FULL redemption!!!
A girl could get use to that reminder...with how my heart is filled right now I can't wait to see where this "devotional" writing will take me in the weeks to come!!!  Thanks #SheReadsTruth for supporting all of us as we push ourselves out of our comfort zone...so we can grow in ways we never thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. I love replacing Israel with your name! I was struck by those verses too, He WILL redeem us!!!

    ReplyDelete