Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday...week 2...for me...

Here I am linking up again with...Katie Elizabeth, Mia at Make Me Up Mia, Carly at Carly Blogs Here and Kristal at The Strong Family...
So glad that I am able to focus on a few things that I am thankful for each day!!!  Reminds me how sweet my life is...and of course keeps me in the right frame of mind...and focusing on the good, great and AWESOME!!

~Thursday 3/6~
Well I have got to tell you going to my children's conference's is just what this momma needs for a little boost...after listening to my girls' teachers speak so highly of them I have to admit...that filled my mom cup!!!  Especially when I hear how willing they are to help others in their class and their teachers!!  And I was also VERY thankful for the Target $1 bins...I mean...need I say more!  I was able to snag tons of fun party items for the birthday club party that we hosted on Saturday.  Oh and one other amazing thing about this day was I got to get coffee from my fav coffee place...Brews on 7th...oh how I missed you during my 28 day detox.

~Friday 3/7~
With hosting birthday club on Saturday and having it be a gymnastics competition weekend...I had a "to-do" list as long as my leg...and I had to decide what could be done a day ahead and what I could ONLY do the day of the party...so I was of course SUPER thankful for my pint size helper...love her...and she clearly understands that there is a perk to helping mom make cake and brownies. 
I also visited Zurcher's for the first.time.ever and I must say...where has that store been my whole life??  I could lay in that store and bask in its awesomeness all day...not even kidding!!! #partysupplies is a weakness of mine...a close second to #officesupplies!!  
Once again Bailey amazed us with her grit, grace and determination at the Crystal Cup gymnastics meet...hosted by our gym Olympus Gymnastics...so proud of her always!!  She once again took 1st place on bars with a 9.3 and had a great overall showing. (I will do a more elaborate post on the meet once done sifting through some AMAZING photos!!!)

~Saturday 3/8~
Our first ever neighborhood birthday club(soon to be a monthly occurrence)...an extension of our neighborhood book club...created for two reasons...#1 some gals wanted in on the fun without the reading AND #2 we hated waiting 4 weeks in between seeing each other!!!  How awesome is that!!!  We decided to make it a family event and not just a #girlsnight and I must say it was super fun watching the "BOYS" bond.

~Sunday 3/9~
Thankful for my gift of crafting...and my ability to do many types of projects from sewing to knitting and crocheting...my goal this year is to make each girl a blanket...making good progress on Kaylinn's!  

~Monday 3/10~
YOGA!!!  Thank you for letting me release the weeks tension...see you next Monday.

~Tuesday 3/11~
Once again my ability to craft has me on the happy train...love making gifts for all the new babies that keep popping up.  Also was super thankful to my neighbor who found a piece of my mail blowing in the wind by his house...it was my labels for the pieces I will sell on Etsy...definitely would have been sad to never know what happened to them.

~Wednesday 3/12~
And of course super thankful to this blogging community...so many fun blogs/people...and great ideas of all kinds...one being bento boxes and thanks to a great blog post by Jess at Craftiness is not Optional...I was able to get some great inspiration and links to all the tools I needed to get the bento party started at our house...of course I will document this new adventure!!  
And last but not least for this week...in the almost 2 years that we have lived in Utah...I just can't get over the beauty of it!!

Till next week...always many things to be thankful for...so be on the lookout!

4 comments:

  1. The Target $1 section is always something to be thankful for! :) Congrats to Bailey on 1st place, that is so awesome! Thanks for linking up with us and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by via the Thankful Thursday linkup. It's the best feeling when you hear good things about your kids thru their teacher. You must be so proud. I really like the birthday club idea. What a great way to get to know your neighbors.

    Cynthia
    http://myrosecoloredshades.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mom fill, for sure, after your girls teacher conferences!! Clearly you're doing a great job, Mommy!! What's your neighborhood book club & birthday club?! Sounds so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just totally lucked out to have the most amazing neighbors!!! There is about 8 gals that love reading so we started a book club a few months back...there were a couple more gals that didn't want to do the reading but wanted to do the socializing so we came up with the idea of birthday club...allowing us to get together 2x per month!! So LUCKY to have such an awesome group of women right in my neighborhood.

      Delete