Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday...back for more!!

Linking up with these lovely ladies Katie Elizabeth, Carly Blogs Here, MakeMeUpMia & Kristal at The Strong Family again...took a week off as I was headed back home to South Dakota for some family fun...which will be documented throughout this post!!
Thursday...3/20

Wowsas...had an early morning wake up call...3:40 am to catch an early, early morning flight.  Was so glad that my aunt and uncle had the same flight so we could all ride together.  I will be honest all the stars must have aligned for me this day because my flight experience was to die!!  As I mentioned before my aunt and uncle had same flight as me out of SLC to Minneapolis...however they had an earlier flight out of Minneapolis...so my hope was somehow I would sneak on that earlier flight?!?!  We had no luck at the SLC airport so all my hope was in Minneapolis...once we landed and got to the gate it didn't look good...there was a line that was 20 deep...so I took my spot hoping I would get to the desk before the flight took off.  Lucky for me my aunt is a frequent flyer and she took my ticket number and was able to print off a standby ticket at the airline kiosk and I could remove myself from the line that was yet to move.  FAST FORWARD...I did get on the plane!!!  WOOT WOOT...I of course was in the very last row...but I didn't care I was getting home 90 minutes earlier...so as I approached my seat...a guy also in the back row asked me if I would be willing to sit in first class so his business partner could sit back here with him???  I of course said I could manage that...
I have never sat first class before so I was unaware that I got a complimentary beverage(knowing this fact makes the rest of this story more enjoyable)  So once seated, the first flight attendant came by and asked if I would like a drink...I declined(my uncle saw this and was quite distraught the rest of the flight)...then the second flight attendant came by and asked if I would like a drink, again I declined, she didn't give up as easy...she said "are you sure?", I replied "I guess I will take a water", she again was not impressed with me and said "it's real easy you say I would like a bloody mary", I said "okay", now she was satisfied and said "see how easy that was"...LOL!!!  Good times for sure and my uncle was so happy to hear that I did in fact take advantage of an on flight beverage.  And to be honest it was quite delicious!!!
Friday...3/21

I won't be so windy with the rest of my posts...that story was too good not to share. :)  Got to run with my sister at the same time in the same city...and of course we forgot a pic.  BOO!!!  South Dakota delivered some text book weather...cold temps, wind, wind gusts and a side of rolling hills.  And that evening I was able to meet up with my teacher friends for cocktails...just like we used to and then met up with family for a fun dinner.
Saturday...3/22

BABY SHOWER!!!  And Anna's birthday dinner!!
Sunday...3/23
MY birthday dinner and some fabric shopping with my sister and aunt!!
Monday...3/24

I was of course sad to leave my family in SD...but I was super excited to head back home to SLC to see the hubs and my 3 girls!!
Tuesday...3/25

Spending birthday $$!!!  And I am hopeful one day I will win the Marine Parents Tuesday giveaway.
Wednesday...3/26
Really enjoying our new SUV that we got...just another piece to my stay at home mom outfit!!  Enjoy your week...I can't wait to share more!!!  Such a great way for me to focus on ALL the good in EVERY day!!








4 comments:

  1. Yippe for seeing family... & baby showers. So much fun!
    Spending birthday money is always the best. Why can't spending all money be that fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to be bumped up to first class!! I've never flown first class but my hubby has & says it's great! Glad you had a great time with fam. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeekkkk on the early morning flight, I'd be in trouble ;) Spending birthday money is always the funnest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bloody mark looks so good right now! I don't think I've ever flown first class either so I would have had no idea! Sounds like a great time at home :)

    ReplyDelete